Permissions with SecuraMax are managed by an administrative user that has the "Manage Users" permission. This is typically done by the original site administrator during account setup but can be done at any time. Typically, permission for users is set based on a "minimum permissions" policy so that users only have access to the minimum permissions to execute their role.
Users are assigned to a "Group". This is typically a group of users with a similar role within the agency. Examples: Patrol, Detective, Supervisor, and Site Administrator.
- Group Permissions - These manage access to videos uploaded by users of the same group.
- Administrative Rights - Manage access to administrative functions.
- Own Document Permission - Manage access to files uploaded by the user.
To set user permissions, click the "Admin" drop-down menu from the top navigation bar and select "Users/Permissions." The user must have the "Manage User's" permission to go to this page.
User Management (left Navigation Menu) allows the admin to configure permissions for Individual Users, Multiple Users (Bulk Create), Groups, and RFID Assignment (for BC4 Cameras).
New User Invite
The admin sends an invite to a new user to set up their account (See "Invite" button, top-right of screen).
Once a user is invited, locate the user on the "Users" page and click the "Edit" button to the right of the user's information on the list.
Locate the user on the "Users" page and click the "Edit" button to the right of the user's information on the list.
Group: Set or assign the user's "Group" from the dropdown.
Group Permissions: Set the desired permissions for the user to their group and other groups. The assigned group will be shown in gray.
- View: Allows the user to view any files within the selected group.
- Share: Allows the user to share any files within the selected group.
- Allows the user to view in HD or download any files within the selected group.
- Edit: Allows the user to edit the title/tags/categories for any files within the selected group.
- All: Quick button to select all of the permissions for the selected group.
These permissions are typically only assigned on a selective basis to advanced user or supervisor roles.
- Approve Deletion Request- allows the user to approve or deny any video from an end user that has been requested for deletion.
- Manage Categories- allows the user to add more categories to the site and alter retention policies with the category.
- Managing Devices- allows the user to edit the device name and who it's assigned to.
- Manage Groups- allows the user to add more groups and edit any of the custom groups created.
- Manage Site Settings- allows the user to change the default retention time.
- Manage Tags- allows the user to add tags and alter what types of key values are input for the tags.
- Manage Upload Stations- allows the user to sign in to the SecuraMax uploader and watch the folders systems.
- Manage Users- allows the user to make changes to another user's profile such as permissions or password information. Also allows the user to change the password or send a reset password link as well as close the account.
- View Device Usage Report- allows the user to see how much data has been loaded from each device to SecuraMax.
- View Pending Deletion Report- allows the user to view any videos nearing the end of the retention period and see how much time is left before the video is removed from SecuraMax.
Own Document Permissions
- Can Be Assigned to Device- Allows a user to be associated with a recording device (In-car DVR or Body camera). A user associated with a device will take ownership of the uploaded documents from that device.
- Download Own Documents- This allows the user to download a copy of the document from SecuraMax. The original document will stay on SecuraMax until it is removed via the retention policy settings or approved deletion request.
- Edit Metadata on Own Documents- This allows the user to edit the title, description, and ownership of the document. Also allows the user to add or remove tags and categories to a document.
- Share Own Documents- This allows the user to utilize the sharing function from the details page of a document. They will be able to share the details page (URL) of a document with another user account or email address and set an expiration date and permissions (for the share) at the time of the sharing action.
- Upload Directly- Provides access to the "Upload" button located in the top toolbar on the site. This allows users to browse for any file on their computer or network and manually upload that file to the site.
- View Own Documents- Allows the user to search for and load the details page of a document that is uploaded from a device associated with their account.