New body worn cameras can be added to SecuraMax by users with "Manage Devices" administrative permissions.
The BODYCAM BC4 configuration is set and managed by SecuraMax. Each user is assigned to a group within SecuraMax and each group has an assigned BC4 Config that they use. To view or edit the configuration, navigate to the "Devices" management page by selecting "Devices" from the "Admin" drop-down menu in the top navigation bar. Then select "Add BC4" from the left side navigation. A default configuration is used if no user configurations are added or assigned.
Adding a BC4 Camera:
Navigate to the "Devices" management page by selecting "Devices" from the "Admin" drop-down menu in the top navigation bar.
- From the left side navigation on the "Devices" page, select "Add BC4"
Turn on the desired BC4 camera that is to be configured (Press and hold power button for 3 seconds). The camera's top LCD screens should display “NOT SETUP” indicating it is ready for setup.
Hold the camera with the lens facing toward the QR codes displayed on the screen at about 6-8” away and then press the “F1” button on the side.
The camera will scan the QR code on the screen and then display “SUCCESS” for a few moments followed by “QR SAVED”. If it says "RETRY", it did not properly scan the QR and you must repeat step 4 until the camera shows "SUCCESS".
Place the camera in the docking station; the camera will emit an audible chirp to note that it was docked, and the display will change to “NOT ASSIGNED”.
After a few moments, the camera serial number will appear in the “Step 3” section of the SecuraMax "ADD BC4" web page.
Locate the camera on the bottom list:
- select the "User Mode": "Single User" if the camera is to be assigned to a specific person, "Multi-User" if the camera will use RFID login.
- If "Single User" click in the "User Assignment" box and select or search for the desired user to assign to this camera. Note: Only users with the "Can be assigned devices" permissions will show up on the list.
- Click "Finish & Assign", the box will gray out when assigned.
- The camera display will switch to "UPLOADING", then "READY" and will show "NO USER LOGGED IN", remove the camera from the dock to apply the synced setting and user account.
- Redock the camera and it should show "CONNECTING" followed by "COMPLETE" indicating a successful check in to SecuraMax.
- Repeat step 8-10 for each camera.