Three software solutions are available to automate video retrieval: SecuraMax, CloudConnect, and Connect (formerly ECB). After product installation and purchase of a software solution, each device must be configured for communication. The device setup process can be done manually through the device’s web user interface, or with a quick setup file loaded on a disk as described in this document.
Creating Setup Process
The quick setup process requires creating a quick setup file. The file can be created manually or from using the file transfer software. The file type must be a text file (.txt) named “transfersetup.txt”. The file contains the network configuration parameter for the vehicle DVR and the URL of the file transfer server.
Creating Setup Disk
A setup disk must be created to load the quick setup file to each DVR unit.
- A SD card is used as a setup disk. Use either a spare SD card or remove one from a DVR unit and insert it into the SD card reader on a computer.
- Place the “transfersetup.txt” file in the main (root) directory of the SD card.
- To ensure each unit has the latest firmware with the latest features and functions, download the latest firmware for your device from https://firmware.provisionusa.com. Move the firmware file to the “auto_upgrade” folder on the SD card. If the folder does not already exist on the SD card, create it first, then add the firmware file.
Repeat the steps below for each vehicle/unit:
- Insert the prepared SD card into the SD card slot on the unit (under the cover in the front of the Ranger DVR, or under the side door of the DR-200 unit) If there is an SD card already loaded, remove it temporarily and reinsert after the setup process using the prepared SD card is completed.
- Turn on the vehicle ignition so the DVR/DR unit is powered on for the setup process.
The unit will load the SD card and check for new firmware in its "auto_upgrade" folder:
- If the firmware is up to date, it will continue to step 4.
- If the firmware needs to be updated, it will immediately begin the firmware update process with two short beeps (── ──). When the firmware update is completed, it will beep one short beep (──), reboot, and then continue to step 4.
The unit will check the “transfersetup.txt” file on the SD card.
- If the file has already been loaded by the unit it will ignore it and continue normal operation.
- If the file is new, it will load the settings from the file and then emit a single long beep followed by a single short beep (────── ─), it will continue to emit a single short beep (─) every 30 seconds unit step 5.
- The unit will then connect to a network based on the parameters in the file. When the unit establishes a network connection it will emit a single long beep followed by two short beeps (────── ─ ─). The unit will continue to emit two short beeps (─ ─) every 30 seconds unit step 6.
- The unit will contact the server from the URL identified in the file. When the unit reaches the server it will receive a setup code and then it will emit a single long beep followed by three short beeps (────── ─ ─ ─). The unit will continue to emit three short beeps (─ ─ ─) every 30 seconds unit step 7.
- The unit must be approved on the server. If the “Auto Approve” feature is enabled, the approval occurs automatically within moments. If “Auto Approve” is not enabled, go to the “Add DVR” section in the software admin interface to perform the approval step. When the device is approved it will emit a long beep, four short beeps, a long beep, then another short beep (────── ─ ─ ─ ─ ──── ─) to indicate setup is complete.
- A log is created on the SD card during the setup to aid in validation that the process was completed properly and/or to aid in troubleshooting if the process does not complete. The file is named: “transfer_setup_log_[DVR/DR Serial Number].txt”.
Quick Setup File detected and settings applied
Waiting for network connection
────── ─ ─
Network connection established, contacting server
Waiting for server response
────── ─ ─ ─
Server reached, attempting registration
─ ─ ─
Waiting for server registration approval
────── ─ ─ ─ ─ ──── ─
Device approved on server, setup complete