Non-event video is video that is recorded but not associated with an Event/Trigger. Non-Event video is also referred to as "Background Video" because it is recorded in the background during operation of the vehicle or body worn camera. All devices are capable of background recording but it is a feature that can be enabled/disabled by device. Vehicle DVR units have the non-event "Background" video enabled by default, BODYCAM 4 devices have it disabled by default.
Non-event video is never sent automatically to SecuraMax, it must be manually requested, then the device will upload it the next time it has a network connection.
Requesting Non-Event Video
- To request non-event videos, login to SecuraMax and locate the "Devices" card on the home page.
- Click the "View Devices" button.
- The “Device List” displays by default.
- Locate the desired device on the list and click the “Video Request” button.
- Click in the date range box and select the desired start and end date and time for the video request.
- Click the slider switch next to the desired camera view (multi-channel DVR's will have multiple switches).
- Select “Send Request” to submit the video request.
How can I check on the status of my request?
After making a request, you can see its status on the "Pending Transfers" tab, it will also be shown as a "Pending Video Request" on the home page "Devices" card. The requestor also will receive an update when the request is complete.
How long does it take to get the video?
The request will be sent to the device the next time it is available, if the device is currently online and connected, it will receive the request within a few minutes and begin transfer. Depending on the length of the request, number of cameras requested, and the speed of the network connection, it could be anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours to complete the request.
What happens when the request is completed?
When the request is completed, an email will be sent to the requestor notifying them of the status. If the video was available it will be available in the "Uploads" section for review, if there was not any video on the device for that time period it would display a message explaining that and why it might not be there.