SD Side Camera
The SD Side Camera (Camera P/N: CAM.313MS/8010080) provides 145° horizontal and 80° vertical coverage around the outside of the vehicle. The camera has a waterproof rating of IP-67 with a built-in waterproof microphone. The camera is designed to be mounted directly to a vehicle’s exterior body panel and has infrared (IR) LEDs to provide illumination during low light/dark conditions.
Mounting Location and Installation:
The camera is designed for mounting to the side of the vehicle facing tthe rear to cover any side blind spots. It is typically mounted to either the hood, fender, door, or cab corner in front of the door. The camera should be mounted as far toward the front of the vehicle as possible to ensure good coverage. When selecting a mounting location, take into consideration the spray and debris from the tires and how it will effect the camera image. It is recommended to mount the camera a minimum of 3 feet off the ground. Always check the mounting structure under the camera to ensure proper access for routing the cable.
- Remove the three (3) Allen head cover mounting screws from the camera, then remove the camera ball and cable.
- Determine the best mounting location for the camera. Set the camera in the mounting base (with gasket attached) and observe the view when choosing the best mounting location before permanently attaching the camera and routing the cable(s).
- Using only the camera base and gasket, hold in the desired mounting location and mark the three (3) camera base mounting screw locations and the center of the cable exit hole in the base.
- Before drilling the mounting holes, ensure adequate clearance for mounting screws and cable routing.
- Once the camera mounting location is decided, drill the center cable hole with a 3/4” or 7/8” drill bit. It is also recommended to pre-drill the three (3) mounting screw holes with an 1/8” drill bit.
- Route the camera cable through the base and gasket, and then through the cable hole in the mounting surface.
- Use the mounting hardware provided to attach the camera base to the mounting location.
- Attach the camera cover to the camera with the three (3) Allen head mounting screws. Leave the screws slightly loose until the camera is aimed.
- Adjust the camera for proper view. After the camera is aimed, tighten the three (3) Allen head mounting screws to lock the camera aim.