AHD Low Profile Camera
The AHD Low Profile Camera (Kit P/N: DVR-912 (9000164), Camera P/N: PC-1912 (8010030)) is designed to be mounted in the rear of the vehicle. It is very low profile, allowing it to be mounted at the top of the rear area for easier wiring and a better field of view. The camera mounting hole pattern matches the standard 7” on-center spacing of US license plates to allow easy mounting over license plates in light-duty vehicle applications where space is limited or drilling holes is not desired. The camera has four (4) infrared (IR) LEDs that provide illumination during low light/dark conditions. The camera also has a waterproof microphone built into the camera housing. The camera lens has a wide 145° horizontal and 80° vertical coverage.
- Locate the desired mounting location of the camera. It is recommended to power on the display and temporarily connect the camera to it and then observe whether the view in the desired mounting location is satisfactory before proceeding to the next step.
- When the desired mounting location is found, mark or measure the two (2) mounting screw hole locations in the camera. If license plate mounting, skip this step.
- If the cable will be routed through the vehicle body, it is common to drill a ¾” hole behind the camera where the cable exits the camera body. Mark and drill this hole if needed. Remove any burrs from the hole to prevent damage to the cable. For license plate mounting, there is a notch in the top left of the camera for the cable to exit and then route into the body of the vehicle.
- Route the camera cable into the hole and then install the camera to the marked locations from step 2. Attach the camera with the supplied mounting hardware.
- Route and install the extension cable(s) to the camera’s final mounting location and connect it to the camera. Leave enough slack to allow removal of the camera if necessary for service in the future (Typically, 4-6”).
- Power on the display to view the camera image live and adjust as needed. To adjust the camera aim, loosen the two (2) small Phillips head screws on either side of the camera assembly.
- After the camera is aimed, tighten the two (2) Phillips head adjustment screws.