AHD Low-Profile Wide-Angle Camera
The AHD Low Profile Camera (Kit P/N: DVR-923 (9000485), Camera P/N: PC-1923 (8010124)) is designed to be mounted inside the vehicle for coverage of the driver, passengers, and cargo. It has a very low-profile housing, allowing it to be mounted to the ceiling or headliner, providing an optimal field of view. The camera has four (4) infrared (IR) LEDs that provide illumination during low light/dark conditions. The camera also has a microphone built into the camera housing. The camera lens has an extremely wide 180° horizontal and 90° vertical coverage. The camera also has an optional flush mounting bracket (P/N: PC-1268/8090384) for applications where the camera cannot protrude.
Mounting Location and Installation:
This camera is normally used in the interior of the vehicle because of its small size and wide field of view. The camera can only be mounted to a horizontal surface. It is designed to be mounted directly to the mounting surface and can adjust up and down for proper aim.
- Locate the desired mounting location of the camera. It is recommended to power on the DVR unit and temporarily connect the camera to it and observe that the view in the desired mounting location is satisfactory before proceeding to the next step.
- When the desired mounting location is found, mark or measure the two (2) mounting screw hole locations in the camera.
- If the cable will be routed behind a vehicle panel, it is common to drill a ¾” hole behind the camera where the cable exits the camera body. Mark and drill this hole if needed. Remove any burrs or jagged edges from the hole to prevent damage to the cable. If surface mounting, there is a notch in the top left of the camera for the cable to exit and then route into the gap of the panel.
- Route the camera cable into the hole and then install the camera using the marked locations from step 2. Attach the camera with the supplied mounting hardware.
- Route and install the extension cable(s) to the cameras final mounting location and connect it to the camera. Leave enough slack (typically 4”-6”) to allow removal of the camera. This will simplify service in the future.
- Power on the DVR unit, connect to the Wi-Fi, and view the live camera image to properly aim it on the view page. To adjust the camera aim, loosen the two (2) small Phillips head screws on either side of the camera assembly.
- After the camera is aimed, tighten the two (2) Phillips’s head adjustment screws.
Optional Flush Mount Installation (Requires P/N: PC-1268/8090384):
- Remove the four (4) screws and plastic back plate from the back of the camera and set aside.
- Remove the camera assembly from the low-profile aluminum housing and place it into flush mount bracket.
- Place plastic back plate from Step 1 on flush mount bracket and tighten all four (4) screws.
- Power on the DVR unit, connect to the Wi-Fi, view the live camera image, and determine if the view is acceptable. (See Viewing Cameras on a Smart Device for connection details.) If needed, the camera can be rotated up or down by 15° in either direction.
- After verifying the camera location, use the template included with the flush mount bracket to mark the two (2) main slot holes.
- Drill the two (2) main holes for the camera using a 1 3/8” inch hole saw.
- Use shears or a grinding tool to remove the material between the two (2) holes.
- Route the camera cable as desired in the newly cut slot. Place the flush mount bracket in the slot and mark the four (4) mounting holes.
- Using a 1/8” drill bit, drill pilot holes at the marked four (4) mounting holes.
- Install the four (4) mounting screws to attach the bracket to the vehicle.