SD card and SSD storage disks can be formatted in a computer or directly through the DVR itself. This article covers the direct formatting on the DVR itself.
Connect to the Ranger DVR through Wi-Fi or LAN.
- LAN: Connect a cable from the LAN port on the DVR unit to a LAN port on the laptop using a standard (Non-crossover) LAN cable. Your computer must have a static IP address set on the LAN adapter to connect to the DVR.
Wi-Fi: On a Wi-Fi-enabled device (laptop, smartphone, or tablet) go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Wi-Fi with the name "PV_RANGER_xxxxxx". The Wi-Fi has a default password of “doesitall”. If the unit has already been configured, the Wi-Fi may be disabled or renamed, "xxxxxx" represents the last 6 unique characters of the devices MAC address. The front of the DVR has a LED indicator for Wi-Fi to show the status of the Wi-Fi connection. If the light is off, then Wi-Fi is either not yet on, or it is disabled. If the light is on, then Wi-Fi is enabled. If the light is on, but no Wi-Fi network can be found on your device, it may be configured in Client mode and you must use LAN to connect.
- Open a web browser and navigate to 192.168.10.254
- From the DVR home page, navigate to Settings > Storage
- If prompted, login to the DVR unit. (Default Username: admin / Default Password: doesitall)
- On the storage page, click the "Format" button to the lower right of the desired disk.
- A popup message will inform you that all data is about to be erased. If you agree and want to continue the formatting, click "OK" and the format process will begin.
- Recording will stop and then after a few moments the disk will appear with 0% full and then recording will resume.