Setting up permissions for each user that will log in to Securamax
Adding BodyCam4 and In-Car System
Configuring Tags, Categories, and BC 300/BC4 Configurations
Pending Deletion, Approving Deletion, Auditing Users, Seeing Device Usage
Setting your Default Retention for unassigned retention policy
Creating a Case, Adding Documentation, Case Retention
Basic and Advanced Redaction
Adding a New User
There is a default Admin login to use for the initial login to SecuraMax.
- Click the button in the upper right-hand corner of the Users tab.
- Fill out the email address for the user and select the correct group.
- The assigned group helps determine permissions.
- Click Invite to invite a single user. Click Invite and Invite Another to add more users.
- The steps above set up the User account. The end user receives an email with a link to set up a new account with a password. After setting up a password and login, they will show as an active user.
- There are existing System groups that cannot be modified.
- To create more groups, click the Add button below Custom Groups.
- New groups that you create can be edited by a site Admin but cannot be removed.
There are three different types of permissions:
- Group Permissions
- Administrative Rights
- Own Document Permissions
- Each group that has been created has the same permissions (View, Share, Download, Edit, All).
- Each user created is assigned to a group. The group can be changed at any time by an Admin.
- To give a selected user permission to View any specific group documentation (which would be any user information in that group), check the box associated with that group. The same is true to allow permission for Share Download and Edit functions.
- Usually, if you click view under the user's own group, they can then view other users’ documents in that group.
- An Administrator will typically select the boxes for all groups in the “All” column. This ensures that they oversee all groups’ documentation.
- All other group permissions for each user are determined by the site's Admin team.
These rights allow the user setup above to manage specific aspects of the site.
- Managing Devices- allows the user to edit the device name and who it's assigned to.
- Manage Upload Stations- allows the user to sign in to the SecuraMax uploader and watch the folders systems.
- Manage Categories- allows the user to add more categories to the site and alter retention policies with the category.
- Manage Tags- allows the user to add tags and alter what types of key values are input for the tags.
- Manage Users- allows the user to make changes to another user's profile such as permissions or password information. Also allows the user to change the password or send a reset password link as well as close the account.
- Manage Groups- allows the user to add more groups and edit any of the custom groups created.
- View Pending Deletion Report- allows the user to view any videos nearing the end of the retention period and see how much time is left before the video is removed from SecuraMax.
- View Device Usage Report- allows the user to see how much data has been loaded from each device to SecuraMax.
- Manage Site Settings- allows the user to change the default retention time.
- Approve Deletion Request- allows the user to approve or deny any video from an end user that has been requested for deletion.
Own Document Permissions
- Upload Directly- Provides access to the Upload button located in the top toolbar on the site. This allows users to browse for any file on their computer or network and manually upload that file to the site.
- Can Be Assigned to Device- Allows a user to be associated with a recording device (In-car DVR or Body camera). A user associated with a device will take ownership of the uploaded documents from that device.
- View Own Documents- Allows the user to search for and load the details page of a document that is uploaded from a device associated with their account.
- Share Own Documents- This allows the user to utilize the sharing function from the details page of a document. They will be able to share the details page (URL) of a document with another user account or email address and set an expiration date and permissions (for the share) at the time of the sharing action.
- Edit Metadata on Own Documents- This allows the user to edit the title, description, and ownership of the document. Also allows the user to add or remove tags and categories to a document.
- Download Own Documents- This allows the user to download a copy of the document from SecuraMax. The original document will stay on SecuraMax until it is removed via the retention policy settings or approved deletion request.
This allows you to view your device details such as how many devices are enabled on your site, the number of devices allowed, and the total number of devices that are associated with your site.
Add File Transfer Device
Make sure that an In-car system is available for connection and then follow the steps shown on the screen.
- Make sure the DVR has the latest firmware to enable PV Transfer.
- Enter the URL in the step 2 box. Copy and paste is OKAY to use here. Enable and Register.
- Enter the code displayed on the transfer page of the DVR in the box in step 3. Assign your associated user and make sure the Automatic Downloads are enabled. Approve your device.
Add BODYCAM 4 Device
Make sure that a BodyCam4 is available for configuration. Follow the steps on the screen.
- Point the camera toward the QR code on the screen and hold it (still) while pressing the F1 Button.
- Once there is a Successful Dock for the camera, make sure the message displays that indicates to assign on the server to finish.
- Assign the camera per user mode. A single user will keep that camera logged in as the same user for each use. Multi-users will allow multiple users to use the RFID Tags and cameras per each use and download then log the user out.
Allows you to put a tag on a video and make that Tag searchable to help find a video quicker in the future.
If you click on the tag, you can rename the tag and you can choose what type of data the tag is going to look for on the video.
Key/Value - Allows you to freely type information into the tag field.
Geographic Coordinates - Type in the coordinates of the call, typically shown on the In-Car video.
Select List - Typically a list of officer’s names or call numbers to assign to a video. The list is set up with Value and Text added through this page.
Allows you to categorize a video with multiple selections. This will also help set your retention on the videos that have specified categories.
Default - (For example) the name can be altered to match any type of category name you want to use.
Retain for - This is going to match the retention policy for the listed Category. Many agencies use these for the retention requirements of a city or state related to specific types of video and the amount of time they have to be kept (Example - Felony: 20 years. Category name: Felony. Retain for: 7300 Days).
Rule Type - Allows assigning of this specific category automatically when it transfers over. It will see the specific trigger being engaged and attach this category to the video so it doesn’t have to be attached during the review. (Example - Overspeed. Anytime there is a speed detected of over 85 MPH, a recording is created automatically and the Pursuit Category is attached to the video).
BODYCAM BC-300 Configs
Allows you to set up the BODYCAM 300 configuration after selecting default or creating a new configuration name.
- Click Edit on the profile you are looking to modify to match the settings you would like to use for the BODYCAM. This is where you can set up and change the video recording, Pre-Event recording, Sound, and Vibration, and Enable or Disable the Main Menu or playback Menu.
- Click Save to ensure these settings are updated with your changes.
- Click Assign to Groups to update the configuration for a specific group. Once assigned, click Save at the bottom.
BODYCAM 4 Configs
Allows you to set up the BODYCAM4 configuration after setting up the default profile or a new configuration.
- Click on the profile you are looking to modify/set up. These are the settings the BC4 is going to use when docked next. You can change your Front LED, Audible Tones, and Recording settings for Pre and Post event Recording and your blue tooth activation settings.
- Once you have your configuration set up, click “Save”.
- Click on the button, and on the next page click the drop-down arrow for the group that you want to assign your configuration to. Save all options at the bottom of the page.
Note: You will have to assign a configuration to all groups in order to save. Once the groups have a configuration the cameras will have to be docked in order to take in any new configurations or updates when changes are made.
This allows you to review what files are going to be removed from the site in the near future. This will allow you to view the Document, the projected deletion date including the time left until deletion, and the reason this document is being removed from the site.
This will show the list of devices, by name, connected and communicating with the site, and the person each device is (currently) assigned to. This will also show the amount of data that each device is utilizing on the site itself.
Awaiting Delete Approval
Lists footage that you or other users are marking as "no longer needed." These documents have a deletion request pending and anyone with rights given to “Approve Deletion Requests” can choose to approve or deny the deletion. If approved, the document will be removed within 24 hours. If denied, the document will go back to its spot in the retention cycle.
Allows administrators to pull an audit report on any users associated with SecuraMax.
This report will show anything that the selected user has performed on the site itself. This information will include the date and time, the action that was performed, the user/email that was logged in when this action took place, and a description of the action related to the site on the stated date and time.
Can be set to save and keep documents that have not been reviewed for a specific amount of time. Allows an organization to keep documents that have not been assigned retention for cases, categories, or locked documents.
Auto Lock Documents
If a video is loaded under a single user, and the video is assigned to a new user by an administrator, the document is automatically locked until the new user (the document has been assigned to) has reviewed it. It can also be unlocked for deletion by an administrator.
Require Document Title
When enabled, it requires any document that is reviewed by any user to have something in the title before it can be saved. In addition, if you would like to have a specific type of title, we can provide a regex code to match your requirements.
Regex Codes (Optional)
This forces each user to use a specific set of rules to validate the title you are requiring above. It will also ask for a small description to help the user understand what format you are looking for.
The cases feature will allow you to add multiple files from an incident into one location. This allows the files in the case to be shared or downloaded at another time together rather than doing so one at a time.
To Create a New Case:
- Click on the button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Input the case Identifier. This will help you (and other users) identify the case if they need to add videos at a later date or find the case for searching/sharing in the future.
- Description is optional, but notes entered here will help make sense of the case files for anyone not familiar with the videos.
- Case retention. You can use the retention established for the videos or you can choose a case retention so that all videos added to this case are retained for the same amount of time.
- Can be edited by saved users. This will allow anyone that you share the case with to edit the case information.
- You can then search by document name/identifier as well as Start and End date.
- Once you find the video you are looking for you simply click the button. You will see the video populate on the right-hand column.
- If a video is added by mistake, you simply click the button to remove the video from the right-hand column.
- Once you have all your videos added to the case, click the Save button at the bottom of the page. Your case has now been created.
To Share/Download a Case:
- Click on details of the case that need to be shared/downloaded.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, there is a box that will allow the selection of each individual video. If all videos will be selected, check the box.
- Now that the video has been selected, the Share and Download buttons populate on the right-hand side of the screen for the next action.
- To Share selected, the following information will need to be filled out:
- User information. Either the Name of an existing user or the Email of a new user.
- An expiration date will need to be selected for when the link expires sometime in the future.
What permissions are granted with the share of the document:
- View: This is always checked, as it allows the user to watch the video.
- Edit metadata. This allows shared users to edit video information.
- Download. Allows users to download the video locally on a computer.
- Re-Share. Allows the user to re-share this document with another user.
- Click Share and the email will be sent to the user that was selected.
5. If the video needs to be downloaded locally for review, or if it needs to be burned to a disk or jump drive, click and the videos will be downloaded to the browser's default download location.
To Close a Case:
- Click Edit Case of the case you would like to close.
- Click on at the top of the screen.
- A box will populate with a warning about closing the case and any retention set on the documents outside of the case. There will also be a prompt asking for a reason the case is being closed. A reason must be typed/supplied then the Close case option becomes clickable.
- Once the reason is accepted, the Save button at the bottom of the screen has to be selected to save the closing of the case (new status).
Allows a user to trim from the beginning or end of the video and audio by electing the bar underneath the video and dragging it to the spot where the video needs to begin and end. This also allows the user to blur the entire video from 0 to 40%.
This will allow multiple facial and body redactions throughout the entire video as well as audio redaction.
Note: This feature has an extra cost and License fee of $195.00/Month*
- When you want to select an object to blur on the current video, the Plus sign will allow you to “box out” a specific section of the video, and then it will prompt you to select if this is a person, vehicle, or custom (such as documents or other things you need to Blur).
You can blur multiple people or vehicles this way. It will blur out each with a different color and information about the person or vehicle (such as, Person1, Person2).
- Face Auto redaction will detect faces in the video inside the times you select with the Start and End time frame and will redact or blur out faces within this time.
- Merge redaction paths will allow you to make multiple redactions on the video and if you want them to complete a path from the first redaction to start the video and the Last redaction on the video, you can select the Merge redaction to make a seamless redaction throughout.
- The Body Auto redaction will blur out or redact an entire person within the Start and End time frame.
- You can redact the audio as well in segments defined on the video in seconds or minutes. You can also make multiple audio redactions in the video as needed.
- Under your settings option, you can choose the transparency of your redaction and the tone when the audio redaction plays. You can also choose your redaction style whether you want to Pixelate or make it a solid box over the redaction.
Make sure to save your work and then you should be able to Generate a Redacted Video (which should take no longer than half the time of the video, if it is long). For example, if the video is 1 hour long, the redaction processing should take no longer than 30 minutes.