The AHD Heated Camera Kit (P/N: 9000615) is designed to operate in harsh conditions and has an IP69K rating. It is housed in zinc with a stainless steel bracket and hood to protect against external conditions and road debris. The camera can operate in cold weather conditions down to -30° Celsius. It is best mounted in the top-rear or top‑side of a vehicle for a better field of view. The camera bracket allows for mounting above, below, or directly to the mounting surface. The camera has six (6) infrared (IR) LED’s that provide illumination during low light/dark conditions, a field-of-view with 110° horizontal and 65° vertical coverage, and a built-in microphone.
This camera is typically used on the outside rear of heavy-duty vehicles like box trucks, van trailers, and fire trucks to provide video capture of backup incidents and view behind the vehicle. Using the U-Bracket, the camera can only be mounted to a horizontal surface above, below, or directly to the mounting surface, with the ability to adjust up to 180°. The camera mounting screw holes are slotted so that the camera can be aimed left or right after mounting. The hood part of the camera protects it from debris from the top and sides.
- Locate the desired mounting location of the camera. It is recommended to power on the DVR unit and temporarily connect the camera to it and observe that the view in the desired mounting location is satisfactory before proceeding to the next step.
- When the desired mounting location is found, mark or measure the two (2) mounting screw hole locations in the bracket (shown in ORANGE above, at right). If necessary, remove the camera from the bracket.
- If the cable is routed through the vehicle body, it is typically routed through a 3/4” hole drilled directly in the center of the vehicle body behind the bracket (shown in RED above). Mark and drill this hole if needed. Remove any burrs from the hole to prevent damage to the cable.
- Install the camera bracket to the marked locations from step 3 (shown in ORANGE above). Ensure the bracket is positioned for desired aim (see image above right), if needed flip the bracket 180° to allow more adjustment.
- Install the camera into the bracket with the mounting hardware (see above diagram). Leave the screws slightly loose until the final camera aim adjustment is completed.
- Route the camera cable through the mounting hole in the center of the bracket (if applicable) and install a grommet or put adhesive around the cable to provide a seal with the hole.
- Route and install the extension cable(s) to the camera’s mounting location and connect it to the camera. Leave enough slack to allow camera removal if necessary for future service (typically 4”-6”).
- Power on the DVR unit and connect to the Wi-Fi. View the live camera image to properly aim it on the view page.
- After the camera is aimed, tighten the mounting screws on the sides of the camera.
Technical Specifications and Kit Contents:
- Mounting Location Drill Holes (U-Bracket) Camera Housing: Zinc
- Bracket/Hood/Assembly Hardware: Stainless Steel
- Field-of-View: 110° Horizontal and 65° Vertical
- Operating Temperature Limit: Down to -30° Celsius
- Waterproof Rating: IP69K
- One (1) AHD Heated Camera (8010154)
- One Camera Hood
- One (1) Camera U-Bracket
- Direction of Camera Aim Two (2) No. 12 x 0.75 in Long Self-Drilling Screws
- Four (4) M3 X 0.5 mm, 8 mm Long Socket Head Screw
- Four (4) M3 Split Lock Washer
- Four (4) M3 Washer
- One (1) Cable Grommet
- One (1) Mirror/Non-Mirror Switch
- One (1) Cable label
- One (1) Cable Square Ring